Simple messagingSimplify the process of deciding which health plan to choose in a series of snappy messages that are easy to understand. One of the best ways to get the point across is by using vivid examples, preferably with graphics. Explain the basics — Focus on your employees’ costs and coverage considerations:
- Their share of premium,
- Their deductible, copay or coinsurance,
- If their doctor is in the plan’s network,
- If there are any drugs they need for any ongoing health issues.
Dispensing sage adviceHelp your employees by providing guidance on choosing the right plan:
- Provide clear and direct advice.
- If an employee is getting family coverage, it’s important they discuss possible choices with their spouse. You can assist by sending hard copies of the enrollment materials to their home.
- Provide tools for comparing plans to see what their costs would be under each option.
- Highlight wellness and virtual benefits, which are growing in popularity. Provide details on how to sign up and access these benefits.