- Don’t file the forms in a timely manner,
- Make mistakes when filing the forms, or
- Fail to file the forms altogether.
- Form 1095-C — This is basically the W-2 reporting form for health insurance. The form tells the IRS which employers are providing coverage and which employees are getting coverage through their employers.
- Form 1094-C — This form provides information about health insurance coverage that the employer provides.
- Jan. 31, 2022 — Individual statements (Form 1094 C) for 2021 must be furnished to employees by this date.
- Feb. 28, 2022 — If filing paper returns, Forms 1094 C and 1095 C must be filed by this date.
- March 31, 2022 — If filing electronically, Forms 1094 C and 1095 C must be filed by this date.